Wednesday, March 25

Week 6 :: You ARE What You LISTEN To

The Age Grouper
I stumbled across this podcast as my interest in fitness and running took off... literally. Despite the fact that I am a whole 7 months away from 30, these guys are just like me. Successfully trying to manage work, family obligations and living an all-around healthy lifestyle, including the occasional trial by race. Jeff is a bit more typical for our age, by that, I mean not as fast and not quite as neurotic about keeping a strict training manual. If Jeff is Oscar Madison, then Eric is the Felix Unger. Eric has chronicled every workout for over 5 years and by [almost] any amateur's measuring stick, is blazing fast. Over time, the two hosts have expanded the course of the show, from following the trials and tribulations of their [own] athletic endeavors to interviewing Olympic athletes and featuring gear reviews. I've found myself in the past listening to professional athletes discuss what works best for them, with myself thinking "that's easy when your only responsibility is to train." Jeff and Eric are just like you and me, continuing to dish out tips focused on improving one's physical and mental performance.

This is The Age Grouper Triathlon and Multisport Podcast. Join Jeff and Eric, two regular 30-34 year old triathletes from the heart of the Midwest, in the kind of conversation that only age-groupers can appreciate. We explore the everyday issues that we face as swimmers, cyclists and runners. If you are part of any age group, you have found the right podcast. iTunes

0 comments: