Wednesday, May 27

Comic Relief

Despite not being an avid Ellen watcher, I am sooo jealous right now. After perusing a friend of a friend's blog (is that correct?), and also a fellow fraternity sister, I thoroughly enjoyed this clip and decided to pass it along to our TSD readers. It's a breath of fresh air, from the usual "Hard Work Pays Off" speech, typically delivered by a family money/oil baron multi millionaire. After all, it ends with everyone in the arena dancing people!

At this moment, I (and Google) am unable to recall my college commencement address. It was probably all I could do to keep from daydreaming or worrying about the impending job search ahead in order to payoff the accumulated debt, because unlike objective degrees, subjective ones do not have "career scouts" visiting the university interviewing potential employees. So, you see my also accumulating anxiety at that moment, although, nothing compared to that of this year's graduates...

All in all, I think this was the perfect light hearted, yet inspirational, closure for a class that experienced an all but ideal beginning (aka Hurricane Katrina) to their college education, as well as a disheartening economic outlook.


Note: Scroll down to the bottom of the page and pause [||] the playlist. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I LOVE IT! What a great way to start my day! Did you watch the professor sitting to the left side that just keep rocking up and down everytime he laughed. I heart Ellen!

I notice a trend here....

Angela & Brad said...

hmm, i'm not sure what "trend" you're referring to, but i'll take a stab at it anyways... celebrity videos? degree resentment? dancing?

also, i think the professor you mentioned might be the university's president :)